The IXS token is an ERC-20 token, which means it works on the Ethereum network. To provide a more cost-effective alternative when conducting transactions using IXS, our users can now bridge IXS to the Polygon network.
Once done, you will get the corresponding wrapped token WIXS in exchange for your IXS (1 IXS = 1 WIXS). This is especially relevant as some of IX Swap’s staking programs require WIXS tokens to participate.
There are two ways you can do this — via KuCoin or via the AllianceBlock Bridge.
Method #1 – Bridge IXS to Polygon via KuCoin
If this is your first time to bridge IXS to Polygon, please make sure to add WIXS as a custom token on your MetaMask or Web3 wallet first so it will appear on your wallet feed. Here are the details you need to add WIXS as a custom token on your wallet:
- Network: Polygon (MATIC)
- Token Name: WIXS
- Token Address: 0x1ba17c639bdaecd8dc4aac37df062d17ee43a1b8
You can also check out our step-by-step guide on how to add IXS or WIXS as custom tokens to your MetaMask wallet here. If you’re done with this step, you can go straight to the steps below on how to bridge IXS to Polygon using KuCoin:
- Log in to your KuCoin account.
- Go to Assets.
- If you just bought your IXS tokens, make sure to transfer them from your Trading Account to your Main Account.
- Once done, go to your Main Account.
- Select IXS from the list of coins and click Withdraw. Keep in mind that you need to enable two security protection methods on KuCoin first before you can proceed with this step.
- Enter your wallet address and the number of IXS tokens that you want to withdraw. Please double check that you entered the correct details as this process is irreversible once submitted.
- Select MATIC as the network.
- Click Confirm.
- Complete the security verification process. This step includes putting in your trading password, your email verification code, and your 2FA code.
- Click Confirm to proceed.
Method #2 – Bridge IXS to Polygon via AllianceBlock Bridge
Please note you will require 1 ALBT to complete this transaction.
- Connect your Web3 wallet and network.
- Input the bridge transaction information. IXS Token Contract Address: 0x73d7c860998CA3c01Ce8c808F5577d94d545d1b4
- If this is your first time using the AllianceBlock Bridge, you will need to complete two approval transactions (as shown below).
- Once approval is complete, click Send and confirm the transaction.
- To claim your WIXS on Polygon, switch your network to Polygon and click the Claim button to receive your WIXS. Please note that you need MATIC in your Polygon wallet for gas fees (less than $0.01 per transaction).
About IX Swap
IX Swap is a next-generation platform that leverages DeFi services backed by CeFi regulatory compliance to facilitate safe and convenient issuance, listing, and trading of security tokens and fractionalized NFTs.
By bridging the gap between traditional finance and innovative blockchain-based solutions, IX Swap is paving the way in democratizing access to traditional financial markets that have never been done before.