MetaMask is a cryptocurrency wallet that lets you buy, store, send, and swap tokens. It is available as a browser extension that can be downloaded on Chrome, Firefox, Brave, and Edge browsers or as a mobile app that can be downloaded on iOS and Android devices if you’re a mobile user.
You can add custom tokens to your MetaMask wallet using different networks, but you have to set them up first before you can see these tokens on your MetaMask wallet feed. For IX Swap’s native token IXS, it is denominated as IXS on the Ethereum network and as WIXS on the Polygon network.
Here are the details you need to keep in mind if you wish to add IXS or WIXS to your MetaMask wallet:
- Network: Ethereum Mainnet
- Token Symbol: IXS
- Token Address: 0x73d7c860998CA3c01Ce8c808F5577d94d545d1b4
- Network: Polygon (MATIC)
- Token Symbol: WIXS
- Token Address: 0x1ba17c639bdaecd8dc4aac37df062d17ee43a1b8
To add IXS and WIXS to your MetaMask wallet, please visit the MetaMask download page and follow the steps below.
Install MetaMask on your browser or mobile device.
Create your MetaMask wallet.
- Click Create a Wallet.
- Follow the setup process. Please remember to write down your backup phrase.
Add a custom token (IXS or WIXS) to your MetaMask wallet.
- Sign in to your MetaMask wallet.
- On the Assets tab, scroll down and click Import Tokens.
- Click Custom Token.
- Select the network of the custom token you want to add and paste the corresponding Token Contract Address and Token Symbol for that custom token. Once done, the Token Decimal field will populate automatically.
Network: Ethereum Mainnet
Token Symbol: IXS
Token Address: 0x73d7c860998CA3c01Ce8c808F5577d94d545d1b4
Token Symbol: WIXS
Token Address: 0x1ba17c639bdaecd8dc4aac37df062d17ee43a1b8
Please note that the Polygon (MATIC) network has to be added manually to MetaMask for it to appear on your list of available networks. You can check out this Polygon article for a step-by-step guide on how to add the Polygon network to MetaMask.
- Click Add Custom Token.
- Click Import Tokens.
- You can now see your custom token’s balance.
- To go back to your main MetaMask wallet feed, click the return icon on the upper left side of the screen.
- You can now see your custom token balance on your MetaMask wallet along with your other tokens. Please note that once IXS and WIXS are added, you can see your IXS tokens if your network is set to Ethereum Mainnet and your WIXS tokens if your network is set to Polygon.
IXS tokens will gradually become listed/purchasable on more centralized and decentralized exchanges. Always ensure that the token address is correct before you make a trade/purchase. You may double-check the IXS and WIXS token addresses on CoinMarketCap and CoinGecko.
. . . .
About IX Swap
IX Swap is the “Uniswap” for STOs and TSOs, the regulatory and liquidity solution for security tokens and tokenized stocks.
IX Swap will be the FIRST platform to provide liquidity pools and automated market-making functions for the STO/TSO industry. The platform will facilitate the trading of security tokens through licensed custodians and security brokers which will provide actual ownership and claim over these real-world assets.